VIP Armenia Community

VIP Forums Muzblog Chat Games Gallery. Форум, муздневники, чат, игры, галлерея.

Press here to open menubar...User Control Panel WAP/Mobile forum Text Only FORUM RULES FAQ Calendar
Go Back   VIP Armenia Community > Forum > Art and Culture > Music
Blogs Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read Press here to open menubar...

Notices

Music Music is the universal language of mankind. (Genri Longfello)

Red Bull Thre3style - Ancient stucco mixed with raging party beats

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Dec 10, 16:05   #1
Persona grata
VIP Club
Red Bull Thre3style - Ancient stucco mixed with raging party beats

In the place where French Cancan was born and stars from David Bowie to the Red Hot Chili Peppers have performed, the worlds’ best party rocking DJ was crowned. On December 9th, the Elysée Montmartre hosted the first Red Bull Thre3Style World Final.

Between stucco ceilings and a raging party crowd, 10 DJs from around the globe flexed their skills and got the dancefloor moving to stand a chance of winning the title of the best party rocker in the world. In the end it was France’s own DJ kArve who not only won the crowd’s affection but also bowled over the judges with his sharp, technical mixing skills and eclectic range of dancefloor music. "I don’t know how I did it. It’s all me, all of the set is just me and I loved it," said DJ kArve with a shaking voice after being announced winner.

The night kicked off with one of the most legendary DJs of all time, DJ Jazzy Jeff, to come on and sonically set the stage for a night of no-nonsense partying.

The first participating DJ, Santero from the UK, set the tone with a mad-cap mix of genres covering everything from 80’s new wave to head-nod hip-hop to classic rock and reggae and was followed by Brazil’s Nedu Lopez who wasted no time in pushing the crowd’s enthusiasm with a hyper selection of electro, funk and hip-hop. Expert turntablists such DJ Iku from Japan and DJ M-Squared from the USA delivered technically brilliant hip-hop party rocking excursions while the likes of Chelis and DJ Dhago played around with more experimental sounds.

The audience was left with their jaws wide open and their minds permanently blown by ten atomic DJ sets from some of the best entertainers in the world. After much discussion and debate the judges decided on DJ Drastik and DJ Montes to shared the third place spot. DJ Nedu Lopez took second place. "I played my own Dubstep remix of Edith Piaf and the crowd went wild. It was such an amazing experience, I can’t wait to release the song officially." said DJ Montes right after his set.

As the night wore on, judges and legendary turntabists, DJ Craze and DJ Klever, took the baton from the participants and followed through with a set of foot-stomping, dancefloor business to keep the party going till the early morning. Spirits were high and while many people needed time to take in the events of the night, one thing was clear. Red Bull Thre3Style has changed the face of modern DJing competitions much the way that a DJ gets the dancefloor going by stepping up the music of the night.

1st place DJ kArve, France
2nd place, DJ Nedu Lopez, Brazil
3rd place, DJ Drastik, Canada and DJ Montes Switzerland

Find materials free for editorial use on:

Still images: www.redbull-photofiles.com
Moving images: www.redbullcontentpool.com

For updates and more background info check: www.redbullthre3style.com

Tags
ancient, thre3style